Monday, February 8

I made it. I need to vent.

It took the following to get back to Guanajuato from Louisville:
• 1 car ride
• 3 bus rides
• 2 trains
• 3 cabs
• 2 flights

Then my worst nightmare happened when the dogs nearly ate my camera (but Katie found it just in time.) The only damage was a scratch on the filter (not the lens, thank jesus.) Good thing she found it when she did, because two seconds later the two oldest dogs, Fannie and Ethel began to fight pretty aggressively. The biting, growling, tackling, rolling around in a mess of hair and dirt went on and on, and I stood there screaming as Katie tried to break them up by beating them with a neon-green sandcastle bucket with a milk-white handle.

Did I mention we have no water, meaning no shower after the day of travel? (See above.) Did I also mention that in Mexico City I threw away a just-purchased coffee without taking one sip after sleeping for less than 4 hours the night before? And did I mention in Leon, Customs took my bulk figs, cashews and wasabi peas because they were just that: bulk. She had probably never seen a gringa cry over figs.

Sigh. Gotta love Mexico.

But it was 65 degrees and sunny today, and I passed Tacos Roy and could smell the tacos pastor as we drove by with all the windows down.High hopes for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. And you just missed 5+ inches of snow in Louisville.

    Here's to a day of drinking all your coffee, calm dogs, sunny weather, and delicious tacos (mmmmm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. Well, make a pretty latte, sit on the porch and let the silence sink in for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete