Tuesday, November 3

Meet my dogs, my street

A collection of photos taken around the house, where we walk the dogs each day. There is a trail right behind us up into the mountains, and it's totally normal to come back with little spikes/stickers sticking all over your body parts and clothing. Some days are bloodier than others. One in particular you want to watch out for, my friend Kent tells me it will cut through leather:
Found this on Ocha this morning. Poor gal, it was sticking deep in her leg. :(


Ocha is the second oldest dog, she's a cuddler, and can stand on her back legs for a record amount of time. While the other dogs take off up the hill, she comes back, makes sure you're still coming and says, "This way mom!"
Stuck in my sock.
Ethel, the oldest dog, is in the foreground. She and I had a lot of power struggles in the beginning. Although she runs away from home all the time, I think we're beginning to be pals.

The dogs love to take off through the mountains, although they often get little spikes in their paws. That doesn't stop them though, they'll keep running with three legs and then lay down and pick out the spikes with their teeth.
The view from the top. The clouds were very dramatic this day. Some days there are horses roaming around, and one day we ran straight into an enormous bull on the trail.
When we start hiking, the dogs take OFF. They're really good about coming back to find me. Sometimes. Other times it's hours later.
My friend Kent tells me it's pretty easy to take over an abandoned house in Mexico. I'm seriously keeping my eye on this one.


Alice is the youngest most trouble-making dog. She's spunky and won't let you come near her, but needy at the same time. She will go right behind your back and do exactly what you just told her not to. I love her, but she's a little bitch.
Our street at dusk, Profesora Elisa Lopez.

This is the plant in our front yard. The shot was taken from the roof.
The view from our roof when a storm was blowing in. The winds can be pretty incredible here actually. We like to blame it for our missing things.

My favorite shot. This is a dog that lives down our street. He hangs out mostly on the roof like a lot of dogs in Guanajuato. Every time Katie and I pass this house we sing, "I... Am the King... of the Forreeeeeest!"

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are amazing! For everyone reading the blog, be sure to click on the images to see a larger view. It's totally worth the click. I particularly love the one from the roof with the storm clouds and the one of Alice and the tree (of course).

    And all the spikes remind me of living in AZ when I was little. Makes me kinda miss it but kinda doesn't at the same time. Be sure not to fall into a cactus. And if a neighbor kid TP's your yard and you end up picking toilet paper off a bunch of prickly cacti, it's a call for all out war! Todd

    ReplyDelete