Sunday, February 14

I love my neighborhood.

I love they way that fresh hot tomales and tortillas get delivered to my door. I love how the stars impress me every night. I love the surrounding mountains. I love that a guy walked up to me yesterday with about 8 donkeys and asked me if I wanted to buy dirt. I love that while walking the dogs 2 days ago, a farmer on a horse asked me if I had seen his cows while hiking. I love that little kids still play together in the streets, soccer, basketball–you name it. And the teenagers are friendly. I love how I can walk to the local movie store, located in one of my neighbors garage, and they actually have a great movie collection. Walking back from the movie store tonight, I love how I heard someone practicing violin in their garage. I even love the lady at the store that judges Katie and I every time we buy beer. I just love this neighborhood, and am so grateful to be here and to experience the love that Mexico has to offer.

Calle Profesora Elisa Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment