Tuesday, December 15

Feliz Cumple

Last day as a 25 year old was a good one. I caught an amazing sunset:


Walked back to the house in a great mood to find an enormous spider on the bathroom wall. Katie wasn't home, so I got online and asked Drew, my go-to man, what I should do:me: there is a spider in my bathroom that is about 3.5 inches long
and thick
and black
and I'm home alone
EEEEEEK
and don't know what to do?????
should I kill it???
it's MASSIVE
Drew: yikes!
me: omg omg omg omg
7:45 PM Drew: i'd either kill it, or trap it and take it outside and far from your house
the ethics of it are up to you
me: how the eff am i going to trap it???
Drew: find something like a shoebox, something with a top
me: oh good idea
shoe box
i think i have one
7:46 PM eeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!!!!
Drew: you can do it!
me: of course my first thought is get out the 50mm lens and take photos...
Drew: lol
me: maybe i'll do that first ;)
Drew: if you're more comfortable with it, you could wear some protective clothing
7:47 PM like, long sleeves and gloves
me: don't have gloves, but do have long sleeves
oh boy ok wish me luck
7:48 PM Drew: good luck!
you're much bigger than it!
me: is this my "finishing your 25th year test??"
7:50 PM Drew: yes, yes it is
with just a few hours to spareI used a broom to gently shove the spider in a shoe box, closed the lid, flew out the door and took off running and squealing. I dropped the box two blocks away, tipped it over and watched the spider speed away, as I ran the opposite direction.
7:51 PM me: omg omg omg omg omg omgomg
I DID IT!
I PASSED THE TEST!
Drew: yay!!
congrats!!

Later that evening I was surprised (and elated) to get to chat with Natalie #1 from India for a bit. The seventh, my b-day, I woke up to my Mexican friend Fabian calling me first thing to wish me a happy birthday. It was a spectacular sunny 72-degree day, I was serenaded b-day-style in three different languages at La Escuela Mexicana, worked on my website, chatted with Shelly, Todd and Drew while having a delicious latte de soya with a little bit of chocolate. Danced salsa that evening, then met up for drinks at Desmunds bar with Kent, Brea, Camelo, Katie, Juan, Fabian, Dan, Mick & Ula. We drank all the random dark beer they had in stock, ate popcorn smothered in hot sauce and then someone ordered me a flaming shot. Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. that story made me laugh. happy day! you did it, congrats! love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete